Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving in Madison

Katelyn and I went to Madison for over a week to visit with famiy and of course to go shopping the day after thanksgiving. It was a rough week. It started off great we went shopping and got her picture made with Santa. Well the sunday before thanksgiving she started feeling bad I took her to the dr and she had a double ear infection. Then Tuesday night she started throwing up and running 103 fever. So I took her back to the dr and she had the stomach virus. So from Tuesday to Saturday she wouldn't eat a thing. Thanksgiving day she felt the worst she was too weak to even walk. It broke my heart to see her this way. Dad kept her while me and mom and my aunt, uncle, and cousins went shopping at 4:30 in the morning. Yeah we were crazy.. but its tradition and I will have you know that ALL of my Christmas shopping except for Michael and Katelyn is done.. YEAH. Katelyn finally started feeling better on Saturday and has been fine ever since.. Here are some pictures..

Brayden is always such a big help with Katelyn. He is going the be the best big brother to Taylor. This was after we went to see Santa and he wanted to push her in the stroller.


While we were in town we went to go see Mamaw. We had a great time visiting with her. Brayden and Katelyn loved playing in all the leaves.



Papaw cooked us a great meal on sunday night. Mommy got a steak.. YUM YUM. As you can see Katelyn not only enjoyed her meal but after she ate hers she decided she wanted some of Papaws too. Her Papaw spoils her.


On Wednesday my gran and my aunt, uncle, and cousins came in town. We had so much fun with them. These pictures were before Katelyn started feeling really bad.


Thanksgiving day.. this is the day that Katelyn was so weak she couldn't even walk. I think I held her all day.. She slept alot too. Look how pitiful. Doesn't that break your heart? Don't look at how horrible I look. I had a rough night with Katelyn the night before.

We cooked out friday night at my sisters house. Here are a few pictures.


Katelyn's cousins gave her some animals to play with in the bathtub. She loved them.



It was a great trip and we can't wait to visit again over Christmas. Hopefully we won't be sick next time.

2 comments:

Tina said...

LOVE the pics of Katelyn & Brayden!

Bless Katelyn's little heart - she had a tough week! Sounds like she was a real trooper though. I'm super glad she's better now.
That pic of you & Katelyn will make ya tear up!

You didn't have to include the part of having the majority of your shopping done. You know you were just trying to make some of us look bad. : ) Just kidding. I'm proud of you!

The Gapens said...

Great post! I know the two of you enjoyed being home visiting with family.

I hate Katelyn was sick for most of the trip, but I am glad to hear that she is feeling better.

We miss you guys!